Re: [Emerald] StartPrintJob in PrintCustom caused an Error: SQL Server

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 10:19:59 -0700

Emerald wrote:

> > There is a problem with users in the EmeraldSecur group printing. They
> > do NOT have access to the base tables (like MasterAccounts, SubAccounts,
> > Invoices, etc) by default, which cause the reports to fail. The only
> > workarounds are to allow them select access to those tables they need to
> > run the reports against, or modify the invoices to use the views
> > (vMasterAccounts, vSubAccounts, etc) and make sure they have the
> > modified
> > reports locally.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "select" access. I gave them global access
> /ALL and they still can't print. So I'm assuming this "select" access is
> something in SQL server but looking at the security stuff there I don't see
> anything called "select".
>
> Can you give me a hint?

It is SQL Server access, not Emerald. If you go into Enterprise Manager
and
drill down into your Emerald DB, groups, EmeraldSecure, right click over
them
and select permissions. For the tables, there are four columns:
Select,
insert, Update, and delete. Click the select column for the tables in
the
reports (like MasterAccounts, Invoices, and InvoiceItems) to place a
check
in those columns and re-save the permissions. The users should be able
print the invoices then.