Re: [Emerald] Upgrading to 2.5

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:36:07 -0700

Emerald wrote:

> I have two concerns though.
>
> First, looking at the ftp site I see there is the base 2.5 package and then
> there in the updates directory are the following files:
>
> I'd like to know what these extra files are for, I'm assuming they fix
> problems but it would be incredibly handy to know in advance what problems.

Most of those have been rolled into the main Emerald25.exe distribution.
They are in the updates for those people that do not want to download
the
full distribution again.

> The second thing, and this one is REALLY critical, I realize this is in the
> upgrade notes but we create a number of manual invoices in 2.2, when you do
> that the "current balance" field on the billing tab is not adjusted by the
> amount of the manual invoice. As a result of this, when the customer pays
> their invoice, you end up with a balance other than zero. After converting
> to 2.5, what happens is emerald carries the incorrect balance over generates
> an invoice (or I assume a credit) based on this balance. We did a dry run
> and ended up with about 500 invoices that shouldn't have existed due to
> this.
>
> Is there a script I can run against either the 2.2 or 2.5 database that will
> go thru and total up all unpaid/unvoided invoices and correct this total so
> I don't have to manually call up thousands of accounts to correct it?

Yes. Try Check out this script. Remove the /* */ Comment lines to have
it actually do the changes, though.

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/Emerald/sql/updt_bal.sql