Re: [Emerald] RadLog Error Message

Sheryl D. Weidner ( (no email) )
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:06:24 -0700

A "bad digest" error typically means that you either have the secret
incorrect or the IP address incorrect in the Server configuration. If you
can send us a snippet of the RadiusNT debug showing an authentication
attempt (to we may be able to help you diagnose

Sheryl D. Weidner - -
Phone: (831) 459-9430 - Fax: (831) 459-9434
IEA Software: Billing and Customer Care for ISPs and Communications

-----Original Message-----
From: Patti Raatz <>
To: <>
Date: Thursday, July 15, 1999 11:00 AM
Subject: [Emerald] RadLog Error Message

:I recently added another Ascend Max to my system. Got it all configured
:ready to roll, including setting it up in Radius with its password etc
:I obviously have something wrong because the second max won't authenticate
:and the Radlog shows "Bad Digest" message on the new Max. I've had to take
:the second unit off the network until I get this resolved because it is
:giving me 8 - 10 of these messages every minute.
:What do I have wrong? The people at Ascend tell me it is in my Radius
:and since I can't find, thought I'd ask you all. Any suggestions?
:For more information about this list (including removal) go to: