Re: [Emerald] Monthly sales report

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 23:28:53 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> >Also is there a
> >way I can tell who has sold or edited an account at anytime during a
> working
> >day and done what to the account ?
>
> To some degree. The LastModifyUser and LastModifyDate are updated when
> someone goes in and changes something via Emerald. If you simply modify
> stuff using ISQL (and don't update the two above fields), then there's no
> way to track it that I know of.

I've done this a little bit. You can either put a trigger on the
table to update the LMU/LMD fields, therefore they can get set if
someone
makes a change with isql_w as well.

Alternately, you can create a new table (like MasterAccounts_Changes)
and
create a trigger to add an entry for that CustomerID, Operator name, etc
to track exactly who changed what. This can grow pretty fast, though!