Re: [Emerald] Crystal Reports - Visual Studio 6.0

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:58:17 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:
> From: Guillaume Pavy <>
> >So, as I have Visual Studio 6, I guess I don't have to buy Crystal Reports,
> >but how to I have to install in Visual Studio 6 in order that it works ?
> I don't remember specifically, but I'd imagine that you just need to do a
> "custom" install and go through the various options in the list and check
> the Crystal Reports option (along with whatever else you want to install).

The Crystal Reports that comes with Visual Studio is the Standard
edition, which can not do ODBC<->SQL Server connections, from what
their web site says. It might be possible to use it, but I don't
know. We are support using the Pro Version, which does support
ODBC<->SQL Server.