Re: [Emerald] highest invoice #

Ben Conner ( ben@webworldinc.com )
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:29:52 -0700

At 05:53 PM 6/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>The Invoiecs table contains the identity value, which is want you are
>looking for. What you have to do is:
>
>-------------------
>SET INDENTITY_INSERT Invoices On
>
>Insert Into Invoices(InvoiceID, ...)
>VALUES(xxx, ....)
>
>SET INDENTITY_INSERT Invoices Off
>
>Delete From Invoices Where InvoiceID = xxx
>-------------------
>
>You have to fill in the rest of the fields on the Invoices table. :)

Um, if what I'm reading is correct, I need to insert however many invoices
into the invoice table to push it to the # I need? For example, say the
highest current invoice is 1500; I want to start at 3,000. Do I just do
one insert with invoiceid of 3000, or do I need to generate 1500 insert
commands? (I sure hope you don't pick Door B. :) )

--Ben
+ Ben Conner ben@webworldinc.com +
+ Web World, Inc. (714) 639-0595 voice +
+ PO Box 6548-107 (714) 744-4825 fax +
+ Orange, Ca 92863 +