Re: [Emerald] Login Time Slot & Feature Request

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 01:23:51 -0700

DAN TANG wrote:

> Dale,
> We want to give our customer on particular time slot on off peak with
> session time-out. The implementation like this:
>
> We will give our customer free access on 2:00am - 3:00pm, and the maximum
> session-time out is 4 hours, and guaranteed kick off at 3:00pm. That means
> if customer login after 11:00am, some calculation need to be performed
> before the RADIUS answer the AAA request.
>
> My question is can you do the customization for us, which RADIUS will run a
> store procedure before send back the attributes, and those attributes should
> be able to generated on the fly according to our business rules, the GUI is
> not required.

RadiusNT already does this. If you have someone set for 2am to 3pm, you
can include the Session-Timeout attribute (say to limit them to 4 hours
at a time). When either time banking or time restrictions are enabled,
RadiusNT will send the LESSER of the included Session-Timeout (if it
exists) or the max time they are allowed on (in this example, 60 mins).
You would have to Modify the RadConfigs stored proc is you wanted to
send a custom set of attributes for the user.