Re: [Emerald] balances

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:59:50 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> If a customer has an invoice created of Invoice.Type='Invoice', should
> Invoice.Amount be included in MasterAccounts.Balance?
>
> We have 6 of these invoice types (6 different customers) that have not yet
> been paid, but their amounts are currently not included into the customers'
> balances. 5 of these were created when we were using Emerald 2.1 and one
> was created today (few days after upgrading to 2.5).
> I don't know if adding them in will cause problems in the future or not.
>
> If they shouldn't be added in, then I need to take the sum(Invoices.Amount)
> for unpaid invoices of Type='Invoice' and add that to
> sum(MasterAccounts.Balance) for active MBRs to obtain an accurate account's
> receivable listing.

A type of Invoice is designed to be a standalone invoice, IE not a
part of the normal statement. Creating or paying a type of invoice,
has no affect on the balance. 2.5.28x will allow you to select whether
you want to create a manual invoice or a manual renewal, where the later
DOES affect the balance.