Re: FW: [Emerald] Update calls

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:31:29 -0500

Greg wrote:
> Also Service Defaults came over when I transferred the 2.2 database to the new
> server and updated it but none of the attributes came over for any that we created
> only ppp,slip,isdn, E-Mail and shell.

This is a known problem in the older 2.5 scripts. I believe it was
fixed in the later upgrades.

> What is the function of UpdateCalls in the 2.5 admin It is taking forever 5
> hours so far. When we go live with 2.5 how often should we do this and will it have
> any effect on authentication and accounting.

It updates the AccountID/ServerID fields. If you run the insttask.sql
script, it will install procs to do this each night.

> Also if your doing the Update Calls and select help About to look at the version
> when you do an OK you get:
> SQL Server Error 3701 Cannot drop the table #whatever
> because it doesn't exist in the catalog.
> And we start over.

Then don't do that. :) The About checks for a couple of things on the
SQL Server, which is breaking the connection the update is doing. I'll
check on why its letting you do that.