Re: [Emerald] Emerald Update

Sheryl D. Weidner ( (no email) )
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:18:51 -0700

Shawn was referring to 2.5.278. This is not to be confused with 2.5.287,
which is a beta version.

Sheryl D. Weidner - -
IEA Software Customer Support Manager
Phone: (831) 459-9430 - Fax: (831) 459-9434
Billing and Customer Care for ISPs and Communications Companies

-----Original Message-----
From: David V. Brenner <>
To: <>
Date: Tuesday, June 01, 1999 3:09 PM
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Emerald Update

:> It is released, and there is no reason you shouldn't use it..
:How's this for a reason:
:After uninstalling Emerald 2.5.263, I installed Emerald 2.5.287 and this
:version seemed to work fine. I then downloaded the 2.5.288 update and
:copied the new Emerald.exe over the original (after first backing up the
:After the update, every time I'd start Emerald, I would get an ODBC Logon
:box with places to type DSN, UID, Database, Server, Driver and so on.
:supplying the necessary information and clicking OK, a small dialog box
:appeared with the name of one of my regions. After clicking OK again, the
:name of another region appeared. This continued until I cycled through all
:of my regions. When I was done, I still had no Emerald window.
:After cycling through the uninstall/install/reboot process several times,
:this behavior remained a constant, so I went back to 2.5.287.
:David V. Brenner -
:International Services Network Corporation