Re: [Emerald] calculating termed-discount values

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 May 1999 10:40:05 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> >My final number calculated by Emerald is $200.04 no matter which way I
> enter it.
> If you can use enough decimal places it can work out, but I think Dale is
> saying ver 2.5.285 only uses 2 places.

Emerald 2.5.285 does *NOT* round the decimals, until after the final
results. The extra 4 cents is coming from it carrying all the decimal
places. 278 rounded to two decimals *BEFORE* any calculations,
which ended up loosing 4 cents on this calculation.

> Emerald internally seems to track more decimal places than two (that's a
> good thing), though I don't know how many. Appararently, the calculations
> used to generate Invoice.Amount are rounding to 2 decimals in the wrong
> place and that's why Emerald's MBR total is correct and Invoice.Amount is
> not.

This has been corrected and the Display will match the (correct)
invoice total in the final update.