Re: [Emerald] IP

Dan Tang ( (no email) )
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:33:13 +0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Schaub <dschaub@terraworld.net>
To: emerald@iea-software.com <emerald@iea-software.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 18, 1999 11:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Emerald] IP

>I think that you could build an asp page that looks at the users IP... If
>the user is local, then check the account that they are logged in on.
Not practical, most user would simple enable the proxy on every thing, even
the ISP's internal network, so you web server could not konw where the
requester come from except proxy server. Unless you would configure each
cilent's browser properly through configuration server, but take too much
effort to maintain it.

> If
>the account is inside of the grace period... ie, after the expire date, but
>before expire plus extension, or some variation, then redirect to the
>paynow page.
>
>I don't have one built, but it would be concievable to build this into the
>home page.
I built one, it worked OK, but as soon as proxy is enabled, no go.