Re: [Emerald] New Debug Window

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 18 May 1999 10:56:54 -0700

Will LaSala wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a few questions about the new debug window.
> I take it that emerald is now going to run multiple SQL queries
> at the same time (hense the SQL1 and SQL2 parts)

No. Emerald makes two SQL connections. It primarily uses the
first connection, and will use the second connection ONLY in
specific situations (like billing).

> however if you click on the stop light for either part what does that do?

I don't think it will do anything. The stop light just shows the
status of each connection (like whether a query is running=red, or
whether the connection is idle = green).

> Is this suppose to freeze the current query?

No.

> If so it doesn't seem to work for me.

Good, its doing what its suppose to do. :)

> Also since I don't see many quries running in the second SQL window,
> in fact I think I've only ever seen one query run there, is this there
> for future versions? or.....well...I don't ...looks, maybe?

See above. You shouldn't run debug mode unless instructed
by a support engineer, also.