Re: [Emerald] Remote Acess

James Martin ( james@ficom.net )
Mon, 17 May 1999 17:07:20 -0500

With Microsoft clients it is easy to do.
Setup a dialup account on your Radius Server.
Setup an account on your local network.
Make sure you have either WINS or use LMHOST to point to your Server.
Install "Client for Microsoft Networks".
Give your Client machine "Group" name the same name as your Domain.
Logon on to your Client machine with the same account you setup on the Server.
Install Emerald on the client machine.
Install the SQL drivers and setup the DSN.
Check "Log on to Network" in your Dial-Up connection.
Dialup your Internet connection.
Start Emerald and point to your SQL database.

That is the basic setup.

At 02:04 PM 5/17/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Yes, it is possible and very easy actually. It is as safe as you make it.
>You only need to map the drive of the computer where Emerald resides. Then
>setup the client to that machine and it should work. There are other ways
>to accomplish this but I think this is the easiest way. Good luck. :)
>
>Guillaume Pavy wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> I'd like to know if it is possible to configure the Emerald client for
>> accessing remotely the database via Internet ?
>>
>> If yes, how to do it ?.. and is it safe ?
>>
>> Thank you for your help
>>
>> Guillaume Pavy

Thank You,
James Martin, MCP