Re: [Emerald] Database Size

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 17 May 1999 12:33:29 -0700

Jason Powell wrote:

> > I have around 2500 users, and my data size for the Emerald database is
> 1024
> > MB, Data Space Available 182 MB. After I have done a call consolidation,
> > the db actually seemed to grow instead of shrink....I have also ran a
> > checkdb. Is there anything I can do to cut down on the size of the db?
>
> You didn't include what version of Emerald you are using? Emerald 2.5
> does NOT delete any call records. You can go into the Emerald Admin,
> DB Maintence to trim call records.
>
> I am using Version 2.5 of Emerald, and I have trimmed choosing 6 months. Is
> that a standard database size for that, and should I trim all but 2 months?

Someone asked me yesterday how often they needed to trim their calls
table and I responded "thats like me telling you how often you need
to fill your gas tank". Without knowing your users driving habits,
I can only guess. For example, if you have a lot of dial on demand
ISDN, you'll probably see a larger number of call records from someone
that mainly has users that call once a day for 1/2 each.

The number of months to keep is up to you, but it should be atleast
2 months.