Re: [Emerald] Strange Radlog entries

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 13 May 1999 10:42:07 -0700

James Martin wrote:

> I have noticed in the Emerald client on the "RadLog" screen that everyday I
> have as many as 500 entries that look like the following:
>
> Date Username Description Data Password CallerID
> 1999/05/11 21:20 User Not Found |@Vjac|:| hello 9315555555
>
> The username is always blank.
> The Data field is the same 5-48 characters of garbage
> The password for each entry is a legitimate account password.
> Sometimes the CallerID field contains a actual customer phone number and
> other times it contains a valid phone number but is not a number in our
> database
> The Date and time for all 500 or so entries are exactly the same to the
> minute each time this occurs although it is not the same time for each day
>
> I don't believe that anyone could dial in 500 times per minute. Has anyone
> seen this happen?

This is a just an oversight on how the RadLogs query works. Its
finding one match in the RadLogs table where the username matches
multiple entries in the SubAccounts table, and you are getting
the results. That is why each one has the same time, just
different login. The next update of Emerald doesn't link the
SubAccounts table in by default, so it should resolve this
problem.