RE: [Emerald] RadLogs not showing bad passwords

David V. Brenner ( (no email) )
Wed, 12 May 1999 14:50:04 -0700

Dale:

This is what my RadLogMsgs table looks like:

RadLogMsgID Description Severity
0 Generic Message 0
1 Generic Error 5
10 User Not Found 3
11 Bad Password 3
12 User Expired 2
13 User OverDue 2
14 Over Login Limit 1
15 No Time Left 1
16 Port Not Allowed 2
17 Reject Attribute 2
18 Check Attribute 2
19 No Attributes 3
40 SNMP Check Failed 1
50 Bad Request 4
51 No Username 4
52 No Password 4
53 Bad Digest 6
54 Bad username 3
60 Parse Error 5
100 Chap Not Allowed 5

I haven't seen a bad password entry in several days, even though I have
logged in with bad passwords just to make sure they would be logged.

At this juncture, we're still not as confident as we'd like to be about the
SQL version of our user database, so we're running in "both mode" while we
correct errors and such. Could this have anything to do with it?

David V. Brenner - dvb@cport.com
International Services Network Corporation
http://www.cport.com