Re: [Emerald] Email Invoices

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:19:48 -0700

Jeffrey Stevison wrote:

> You mean we now have to buy crystal reports to change the invoices? That's
> not very good. That's poor product design in 2.5 if you can't just add some
> text into an invoice. I mean I have to spend a bunch of money just to add
> my address to the email invoice?

The default invoice is designed to be printed on letterhead where you
put your logo in the top or upperleft hand corner. No additional
software is required to do that. If you want to customize the
invoice, then you need Crystal reports.

A poor product design is one that does NOT allow the end user to
customize the invoice (and there are a lot of them out there).
The cost of Crystal Reports really isn't that bad, considering
the flexibility that it gives you.

If you just want to add a company name to the invoice.rpt, send me
the company information, and I'll put it on there and send a custom
one back to you. Please keep it simple (four lines) or I can't do
it. I can NOT modify any other part of the invoice, though.