Re: [Emerald] SQL error on radlogin test

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:08:58 -0700

"S.Tumurbaatar" wrote:

> After installing and configuring Emerald/RadiusNt, I've
> added few accounts to MBRs/SubAccounts. To test configuration
> I run radlogin.exe for local authentication. For invalid user/password
> radius server rejects normally, but for valid user I got below response.
> RadiusNt server uses sql login created by Emerald Admin as operator
> of group EmeraldAdmin/Admin (SQL grp/ Operators grp). All applications
> are on same machine.
> Please, help...
> Database Password: je9pz
> ODBC Error:42000:229:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]EXECUTE permission denied
> on object RadCheckOnline, database Emerald, owner dbo
>
> ODBC Error:42000:229:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]EXECUTE permission denied
> on object RadCheckPort, database Emerald, owner dbo
>
> Sending Reject of id 157 to 7f000001 (localhost)
> User: tumur port Access denied
> User: tumur port Access denied

In the RadiusNT Admin turn off server port access. You probably are
not using that feature.

The problem is that the user RadiusNT connections as must be in the
EmeraldApps group, NOT the EmeraldAdmin/Admin group. The later group
does not have access to stored procedures specific to RadiusNT/EmerAuth
working.