Re: [Emerald] Servu Dll

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 15:19:44 -0700

talon wrote:

> I installed servu and the dll on the same machine as emerald and it works fine. Is there a way to run it off of another machine???? This would be very helpful considering I would have to change about 400 - 500 .zones for dns.....
>
> - Tim
> From: "talon " <talon@virtualight.net>
> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:07:16 EST
>
> >PROBLEM: Cannot find/load DLL c:\emer_su.dll (can also happen if the DLL uses other DLLs which are not available)
>
> This is the message I get run running servu. The dll is on c:\
> I am running servu on a different machine than Emerald.. Does that make a difference?

The problem is most likely that you are using a Named Pipes transport
w/out the proper credentials. Your choices are:

1) Changed the user/service of serv-u to be someone that is known
to the machine running SQL Server

2) Configure TCP/IP for SQL Server, and then configure a client entry
in the SQL Client Configuration utility to use TCP/IP and use that
entry rather than the name of the machine.