Re: [Emerald] Monitoring Terminal Server Ports

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:35:49 -0700

"Kenneth D. Lenox" wrote:

> I agree that SNMP is better, but most of the scripts in the contrib
> directory our made for UNIX. I spent many hours, and other MRTG users have
> also, trying to get the scripts to work with NT. Since NT doesn't have some
> of the built in networking features that UNIX does, it is very difficult to
> find the correct files to make the scripts work. Mainly grep, egrep, finger,
> snmpwalk and such.

As a side note, RadiusNT 2.5 is also SNMP capable, and you can use
MRTG to graph things like:

Number of Auth/Acct requests
Number of Bas Auth Reqs
Number of Dup Acct Requests
and many more.

I use to do three graphs:

1) Total Authentication Requests on line 1, Total Accounting Requests on
line 2
2) Good Authentication Requests on line 1, Bad Authentication Requests
on line 2
3) Good Accounting Requests on line 1, Duplicate Accounting Requests on
line 2