Re: [Emerald] ONLine Setup

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:08:50 -0700

Don Barron wrote:

> >> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]INSERT statement
> conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint
> 'FK__MasterAcc__PayMe__7829DFE5'. The conflict occurred in database
> 'Emerald', table 'PayMethods', column 'PayMethod'
> >>
> >> /signup/signup.asp, line 1877
> >>
> >> I am new to ASP but I learn fast. Could anyone help me?? Please?? =)
> >

> >I'm not familiar with the ASP script (I just downloaded it myself and
> >will take a look as I get time), but I do know what the SQL Error is.
> >This is a result of the Pay Method (in your case Visa) not matching one
> >of the PayMethods from the PayMethods table. It should be "Credit
> >Card",
> >not Visa. We consolidated all the CC paymethods into one for Emerald
> >2.5.
>
> Ahh cool, I got the same error when trying that signup server. Do you think
> you'd be able to supply a fix for it Dale ?

In the signup.asp file, change the section:

> <select name="ccard" size=1 tabindex="2" value="">
> <option selected> <% = ccard %>
> <option value="AMEX"> American Express
> <option value="Discover"> Discover
> <option value="MasterCard"> MasterCard
> <option value="Visa"> Visa
> </select>

to:

<select name="ccard" size=1 tabindex="2" value="">
<option selected> <% = ccard %>
<option value="Credit Card"> American Express
<option value="Credit Card"> Discover
<option value="Credit Card"> MasterCard
<option value="Credit Card"> Visa
</select>

Your other options are to take this completely out and hard code
"Credit Card" in the insert statement, or replace this section with a
hidden field with the same name, and "Credit Card" as the value.