Re: [Emerald] Serious Issue

iml@interconnect.net
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 21:45:12 GMT

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:05:49 -0800, you wrote:

>iml@interconnect.net wrote:
>>=20
>> Well we attempted to consolidate yesterday with no such luck.
>> 2.5.261
>>=20
>> Our calls table is huge with 1801136
>> records showing on select count(*) from calls
>>=20
>> The summary shows 13 periods to consolidate. However, about 30 hours
>> only 15k records were done. Is this typical? At that rate we would
>> never finish consolidating. The SQL server runs on a P2-450, 512MB
>> RAM, RAID5 UW SCSI Array.
>>=20
>> It seemed to have messed something up after the emerald client was
>> killed...we cannot email invoices out now...it returns an error.
>>=20
>> At this point I am about willing to dump call records in the call
>> table and start fresh consolidating every week to keep it low.
>>=20
>> Dale how long do you think it would take to run a
>> delete * from calls with that many records? Will it mess anything up?
>> Should anything be done like radius stopped before it is run?
>

>First, did you go into the Admin, DB Maintence and run the calls
>Update? If you don't, the consolidation will run really slow and=20
>not actually do much.

I have run this script and it completes without error....apparently it
is not doing what it is supposed to.

>Secondly, make sure you have indexes on your Satus, AccountID,
>and ServerID fields (these are the fields the Update Calls option
>in the admin modifies, and the primary fields of the consolidation.

Right Clicking on Calls then indexes only show the following indexes.
iDate
iNASIdentifier
iNASPort
iUserName
pk_Calls (PKC)

>Lastly, you might want to look at your indexesin SQLEW and see if
>the statistics are up to date (right click over the calls table,=20
>select indexes, choose each index and select the distribution button).
>If the stats have not been updated recently, update them before
>the consolidation. The latest checkdb.sql also includes a cursor
>at the bottom that will update the stats on all your indexes. I
>would recommend running it atleast once a week.

The above indexes show March 11th

Do I need to get an updated updtcalls.sql or something?
Date on mine is 12/30/98