Re: [Emerald] Help needed

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:08:35 -0700

Ralph Pitcher wrote:

> 1. I need help with mailsite 2.1.7 (seems to be setup correctly but reading
> wrong fields) Maybe an old stored procedure?

If you are using Emerald 2.5, the VerifyMailUser must be updated to
handle blank expiration dates. Here is the correct stored procedure:

CREATE PROCEDURE VerifyMailUser @username varchar(32), @domain
varchar(32), @esid integer AS

Select Login, Shell, Email, d.MailDomain, Password, HomeDir
From MasterAccounts ma, SubAccounts sa, Groups g, Domains d,
AccountTypes at1
Where ma.CustomerID = sa.CustomerID
AND ma.GroupID = g.GroupID
AND g.DomainID = d.DomainID
AND at1.AccountType = sa.AccountType
AND at1.ExternalSystemID = @esid
AND ma.Active=1 and sa.Active=1
AND ( ((Login=@username OR Shell=@username) AND d.MailDomain=@domain)
OR Email = @username + "@" + @domain )
AND (DateAdd(Day, (ma.Extension+ma.OverDue+1), maExpireDate) >=
GetDate() OR maExpireDate IS NULL)

> 2. I need help with Servu FTP (I can't get this to work I've tried
> everything.) Sick of this I need it to work.

Are you using EmerAuth.dll or emer_su.dll? Unfortunately, I don't have
any information on this problem, available to me. Have you defined
a logfile? What does the logfile contain? How many connections do
you have defined for SQL Server? How many aer in use?

> 3. I need help with Crystal reports ( I have the software I either need
> someone to write some SQL queries or write a Crystal report to do several
> things)

What kind of reports are you looking for?

> 4. We need someone to make a ASP page. that mearly searches for duplicate
> Login and email entries
> . We would have our signup centers do a search to make sure that info is
> not already in use.

I believe there in an ASP signup server in the contrib section of
the FTP site. You might be able to use it.