Re: [Emerald] Emerald Billing question (2.5)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 10:07:30 -0700

> "(Ken)" wrote:
> Think i found my problem with emerald billing and prorating customers
> but would like some feedback before i try it.
> The problem: A "prorated" charge is being added to some bills
> Fix? (question) in emerald admin the Billing Cycles invoice bill space
> is set to 25 days. (I never use the auto batch) So today 4/5/99 i ran
> invoices thru 5/2/99 m and all of them for 5/2/99 came up with ther
> extra charge. but the ones for 5/1/99 came up fine. so the question
> is if i change the number in billing cycles-invoice bill- to 35 days
> will that fix this problem? will it cause any more problems?

The Invoice Days settings in the Billing Cycle ONLY affects
auto-batch. In manual batch the day you enter is replaces
those setttings.

The prorate charge is based on whether the billing cycle is
monthly. A prorate will occur if the number of days left in the
month is greater than the Deafult Expire setting in the Emerald
Admin, Client section.