Re: [Emerald] NAS Setup

Ben Conner ( ben@webworldinc.com )
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:20:53 -0800

At 06:28 PM 3/25/99 -0800, you wrote:
>List,
>
>We have just recently starting running radius NT 2.5 and Emerald 2.5.261.
>We are using all Livingston/Lucent PM III's. In
>the Emerald Admin when setting up the NAS's it asks for ports and modems.
>We are using PRI (1 D Channel Each), 4 10port cards and 1 8prt card giving
>us 48ports, but only 46 lines per PM III (due to the single D ch. for each
>PRI leaving 23+23 for a total of 46). Should I have it configured in
>Emerald admin as 46 ports and 46 modems or as 48 and 48?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Kathy Tate
>OnlineMac
>McMinnville, OR

Hi Kathy,

Just set it up for 46--that's the total # the NAS will ever return. The PM3
will use the 2 extra modems as 'spares' if ever one of the modems has a
problem.

--Ben
+ Ben Conner ben@webworldinc.com +
+ Web World, Inc. (714) 639-0595 voice +
+ PO Box 6548-107 (714) 744-4825 fax +
+ Orange, Ca 92863 +

please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html