Re: [Emerald] How do I fix SQL data from Emerald's screw ups

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:11:47 -0800

Bernard Andrys wrote:
> Emerald client: 2.5.261
> Emerald hasn't been billing monthly credit card's for the past several
> weeks. I think I figured out what it messed up.
> In Febrary, Emerald 2.5.261 went through and changed Credit Card accounts to
> Renewal Accounts. (No one had posted about this bug yet so I didn't know to
> run the query to fix the accounts after batching out each day.)
> As the month went on, it started re-invoicing these Accounts (now marked as
> Renewal) as Invoice Type "Renewal".
> I now have thousands of accounts that have a "renewal" invoice posted on
> their account. Emerald will not batch out these accounts because it thinks
> the invoice is already posted.
> How do I fix these Accounts? Do I do a update query to Void these
> Invoices? ...or can I Do an update query to change all the InvoiceType
> Renewal to InvoiceType CreditCard.
> How do I clean up after 2.5.261 so that I can start running credit cards
> again?

If you know what invoices they are, you can change the type to Credit
Card and then Emerald will batch it out (assuming the customer is
configured for Credit Card). I have a query that will change
customers to paymethod of Credit Card based on whether they have
Credit Card information and if their CC Auto Bill is set to 1.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see