Re: [Emerald] Radius - Restricting to local net

Thomas Massano ( ThomasM@InletCorp.com )
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:04:18 -0500

Thanks Dale. I have an Ascend Max 4040. Nothing fancy on the MAX just the
basic config. I want them to be able to get to my FTP and Web server that
is on the same subnet as the Ascend. I created a sub-account, under that
service I am adding RADIUS Attributes. I have added Attr 6 & 7. I tried
some filters but i must be doing something wrong.
Plus there are Ascend radius filters and just plain Radius filters, which
should i use.

example of what I tried Ascend-Data-Filter (242), Ascend-Call-FIlter (243),
ip out drop tcp dstip !=146.145.85.0/24

146.145.85.0 is my local subnet.

Thanks again.

At 11:09 PM 3/15/99 , you wrote:
>Thomas Massano wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to setup an account that i can give out in an advertisement so
>> people my sign up to my service.
>> But i want to restrict them to my local network only and not let them get
>> on the Internet.
>> I have tried putting in a bogus default route for that user, or the wrong
>> mask, just cant seem to get it to work.
>> Anyone have some suggestions?
>
>What kind of terminal server do you have? What filters have you
>defined?
>By changing the netmask, you'll accomplish the opposite of what you
>want. The default route isn't really that useful, since by default
>PPP sends all unknown destinations to the other end of the PPP device.
>
>--
>
>Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT
>IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com
>
>For more information about this list, including removal,
>please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

Thomas

Inlet Corporation http:\\www.InletCorp.com
800-34-INLET

With knowledge comes sorrow.
The Bible

Every choice we make, determines the life we lead.

please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html