Re: [Emerald] Radius - Restricting to local net

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:09:13 -0800

Thomas Massano wrote:

> I am trying to setup an account that i can give out in an advertisement so
> people my sign up to my service.
> But i want to restrict them to my local network only and not let them get
> on the Internet.
> I have tried putting in a bogus default route for that user, or the wrong
> mask, just cant seem to get it to work.
> Anyone have some suggestions?

What kind of terminal server do you have? What filters have you
defined?
By changing the netmask, you'll accomplish the opposite of what you
want. The default route isn't really that useful, since by default
PPP sends all unknown destinations to the other end of the PPP device.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html