Re: [Emerald] Urgent!!!

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:36:39 -0500

From: John D. Roman <jroman@toua.net>
>I am running emerald and RadiusNT for a Ascend Max 4000. At some point on
>Saturday the system stopped allowing users to access the internet. They can
>log on and check email but that is it. If I telnet to the router while
>dialed in I can ping out and get responses. The dial in users cannnot even
>access the WWW server on the local network.

Go to Ethernet / Static Rtes and make sure that you have the Gateway
addresses set correctly.
Do you have any Pipeline 50s on the network? Every once in a while, one of
our P-50s will spontaneously change it's default routing setting for the
Gateway to itself instead of the real gateway to which it was set to for so
long. When that happens, our whole network starts getting real flaky.

Make sure your other servers have the gateways set correctly also (for all
subnets).

Josh

please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html