Re: [Emerald] Feature Request:replication

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:11:24 -0800

dan@dmn.com.au wrote:

> If we have multiple Emerald running on different location and replicate from
> central location, there would be problem on calls on line table.

Yes. The replicated servers are one-way read-only and that causes
a problem with Calls online.

> Is it easier to seperate the calls on line to seperate database, so we can
> freely replicate all other tables from central Emerald(of coure not
> accounting).

Yes. We actually recommend to most of our larger customers to create
a second database (like Emerald_Calls) and then put the Calls table in
that and create a view in the Emerald Database to the Emerald_Calls
database for the Calls table. This isn't really required though, since
you can choose your subscription set when replicating.

> Also for accounting, if we could add extra field(BranchID) in calls table,
> so we could replicate from the branch to central location, and consolidate
> the accounting at central location(SQL 6.5 support this function). Will it
> solve the problem? We could always schedule the replication at low network
> usage time.

Your best bet would be not to use replication, but to use Scheduled
tasks to mode the data. I have done this for some customers, although
it
is involved. You basically can setup scheduled tasks to move the data
at
regular intervals from one server to another.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html