Re: [Emerald] I need your help!!!! AGAIN!!!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:20:28 -0800

Geoff wrote:

> So if I have thirty remote sites then Emerald is not the programm that I
> should be using? I do not have a computer or bandwidth problem. It is just
> common sense to not send something over the Net if you do not have to. We
> should be able to run Authentication anywhere and send the accounting to one
> central location.. It cuts down traffic and takes the load off of the
> Accounting server.

If you compare SQL Replication traffic to RADIUS traffic, the SQL
traffic is in magnitudes larger. We have customers with hundreds of
pops that use central RADIUS configurations w/out a problem.

30 sites is not that much traffic for a couple of RADIUS servers and
a decent SQL Server.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html