Re: [Emerald] Emerald crash

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 23:43:53 -0800

"Geoffrey L. Scully" wrote:

> We got in using ISQLW. It works now. If we want to make the tempdb larger
> should we put in more ram to keep it from locking-up again? We are currently
> only running 128 megs. I was thinking of putting 256megs in there?

YOu need ATLEAST 256mb of ram to replicate, and a fairly hefty box.
Replication is VERY processor intensive on the distribution server.

> Also we are replicating Emerald as to authenticate at the remote sites and not
> try to pass the radius authentication over T-Spans. We want to do this at two
> different sites. If we just replicate everything except for the "calls" then
> it should be small and easy correct?

I'd recommend running RADIUS over the WAN. Its very efficient and
is going to be much less problematic than trying to configure
replication.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html