Re: [Emerald] Multiple pools on Ascend

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:26:41 -0800

NOC Management wrote:

> Hello,
> Ascend MAX TNT NASes support multiple IP pools on the same box.
> How can we enter this info in the Server tag in the Emerald admin ???

What are you trying to do?

> Can we enter the same description for the same NAS multiple times and enter different Start and End pools each time?
> Or maybe anyway the IP Pools info is not really important and we should not really worry about it?

You would include the Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool attribute in the reply
with the number of the pool the user should get. You only need
to include this if you want to assign them from a specific
pool. Otherwise, you don't need to include it.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html