Re: [Emerald] Replication on SQL

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:49:13 -0800

Jason Powell wrote:

> I was wondering what would be the best tables to replicate if we have a T1
> link between the servers and are looking for a live backup that will also
> keep track of the logon limit if possible. Any recommendations? Should I
> not bother with the logon limit? Anyone doing this? I have read very few
> replication posts and would appreciate any advice.

SQL Server 6.5 can not do bi-directional replication. Therefore, you
can only have a readonly replicated copy of the DB. Supposdely, SQL
7 allows for bi-directional replication. I'm hoping to start testing
a true dual SQL 7 database configuration of Emerald with fail over
here soon.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html