RE: [Emerald] ARGGH! Users are not being removed from calls onlin

Brandon Bryant ( nailer@midlink.com )
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:06:48 -0500

I've been having this problem since the beginning, and I have done the
following to no avail:

Upgraded Emerald/Radius server to PII300 with 256MB Ram, and USCSI
Added Network Switch
Added new router

Along with the various updated triggers and such along the way. I had a
private consultant bring his $15,000 Network General Sniffer out,
plugged the Radius server and the sniffer into a small hub, uplinked to
the switch. I then monitored the UDP traffic on port 1646 (Accounting)
that hit that segment of the network. I went to my workstation, dialed
in and hung up 3 times. I was then "locked online" in the callsonline
view. I looked at the capture, and sure enough, there were three pairs
of start AND STOP RECORDS that had made it to that segment. So the stop
record got to RadiusNT, and then not to the database. Go figure. I
don't know what I am doing wrong, if anything, but this problem is more
than annoying, we've lost customers over it. I hate pointing fingers,
but there hasn't been a real address of the problem either, and I've
done everything that has been suggested that I do. If SNMP Concurrency
control worked and or was explained a little better, then maybe this
problem wouldn't get posted to this list so often.