Re: [Emerald] modifying invoices

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:40:29 -0800

Ben Conner wrote:

> First, you need to decide whether Emerald is a Billing package vs an Accounting
> package. The two are not necessarily the same. They have different goals at
> times.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that a billing package shouldn't trying to
adhere to accounting practices. Somewhere your billing and accounting
have to meet, and the closer they function the same, the better.

> Sending out incorrect invoices will alienate more users and invite inspection
> quicker than almost any other activity. It fosters loss of confidence in us as
> a provider.

This would be a configuration issues, IMHO.

> I currently use Quickbooks to send invoices at this time as I've not been able
> to get Emerald to do this yet reliably. I modify invoices in Quickbooks prior
> to sending them out with no difficulty. I believe it is considered GAAP
> adherent. I could be wrong.

I can't comment on that.

> In your documentation for Emerald vsn 2.5, on page 34 of the User's Guide you
> have a writeup titled "Editing or Voiding an Invoice" with instructions on how
> to edit an invoice. Unfortunately the documentation doesn't match the options
> available in the program. But it certainly suggests this feature was planned
> for in this release.

The only editing of an invoice we support is to change its type to void.

> We need to be able to add one-time line items to invoices prior to generation.
> Can you think of a way to do this?

Use the "New Adjustment" pull down menu option when editing the MBR.
That
will be added to the Invoice when its created. You can create
adjustments
outside of Emerald (if you have a lot of them based on some external
rule
set). We have customers that do this for their own extreme situations
change the customers final total.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html