Re: [Emerald] SPEED

iml@interconnect.net
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 20:55:52 GMT

Dale does Trim delete all records? or just Null and Start records?

I had months 1-12 (Age Monthly, hit SHOW) listed and I highlighted one
and hit trim and it wiped them all out...now all I show when I do a
show AGE:ALL is month 1 and 12

I know that most of them were between months 3 and 5 or so were
already consilidated before the upgrade.

On a side note I changed my SQL memory to 102400 in server config
options which should give me 200mb since it's in 2k units. Strange
thing is sql memory usage doesn't seem to go above 143448K in
TaskManager.

BTW excellent work on 2.5
Only hitch so far is we will have to go add back service defaults as
it seems to wipe them all out.

Oh one more thing so now that consolidation doesn't lock out people
from authenticating with accounting too are there any processes or
steps in Emerald that will cause people not to authenticate or their
accounting packets not come in while Emerald is doing that process?
I.E. CheckDB? Trim Calls?

please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html