RE: [Emerald] concurrency Control Problem

Brandon Bryant ( nailer@midlink.com )
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:23:17 -0500

How exactly do I turn on the logging in RadiusNT Admin for Accounting?
Because I get people locked online all the time, and I'm pretty sure my
Ascends are sending the records.. (I've looked in the RADIF Radius output
on the Ascends) We just installed a network switch so hopefully that will
stop some of the UDP loss that may have been eating the stop records.. But
if this doesn't work, then I don't know what else to do about it. I've had
to schedule a task in SQL exec that sets everyone in the callsonline view
to offline that runs every 15 minutes so people don't get locked online.
I'd LOVE to get SNMP Concurrency control to work for my Ascends.. But
I've asked about it several times and not gotten any response that actually
tells me how to make it work, or when it is going to work, or even if it is
a priority.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [SMTP:daler@iea-software.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 1999 3:45 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] concurrency Control Problem

"Thamara Z. Quintero" wrote:

> Hi Dale, thank you for the reply. Right now I'm using the PortMaster 3 as
> terminal server and in the Radius Admin I have the Manual Calls Update
> unchecked. Hope you can help me. Thanks again.

There are a couple of common causes for the calls on-line (and as
a result, concurrency control) to not work correclty:

1) The accounting records are not being delivered to RadiusNT correctly.
This you can check in -x15 debug modem to see what is happening to
them.

2) The accounting records are being delivered out of order. There is
a new trigger available that handles this problem.

If people are being stuck on-line after they have logged off, you can
enable loggin in the RadiusNT 2.5 admin for accounting and then you
will be able to track the accounting start/stop records for the user
and see what the problem is.

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea-software.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html