[Emerald] Re: Movement of Dates

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 10:15:29 -0800

Michael Whisenant wrote:

> I have an interesting problem. I need to shift all credit card customers
> billing dates, by 10 days. If we were moving them forward this would be no
> problem or concern, I could just group them by date and manually update
> them +10 days. Now the problem is if I shift them back 10 days, then the
> invoice to be generated.
>
> So is there a way to go back into the system for credit card invoices
> XXXX-XXXX and shift the paid through date back 10 days, then move back 10
> days the paid through date? Or is there an easier method to accomplish the
> same task?

If you move the expire dates back, then you must void the invoice for
that customer that overlapps, or they will not be re-dilled (this, you
already know).

You can do this, but its not going to make sense afterwards (that
probably doesn't matter). What you want to do is something like this:

Update Invoices Set EndDate = DateDiff(Day, 0-10, EndDate)
Where EndDate > 'x/x/x' and EndDate < 'y/y/y/'

That will move the invoices for that period back ten days.
Then you can do the same for the accounts:

Update MasterAccounts Set maExpireDate = DateDiff(Day, 0-10,
maExpireDate)
Where maExpireDate > 'x/x/x' and maExpireDate < 'y/y/y/'

Your invoices won't be accurate after this, but I think it will do
what you want. Always make a backup before doing anything like this.