Re: SCSI HD question

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:51:49 -0700

Danny Sinang wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm using an Adaptec 2940AU scsi card with a 2.1 GB Seagate Barracuda .
> I think the 2940AU only supports fast-scsi-2
> It's kind of hard to find fast-scsi-2 hdisks nowadays, but wide and
> ultra-wide ones are plenty.
> If I buy a wide or ulta-wide SCSI hdisk, will it work with my current scsi
> card ?

Most new wide/uw drives have the ability to be set in 8-bit (narrow)
mode. Thats sort of like flying a two-engine jet on one engine though.
Check out I see narrow fast-scsi-2 hard drives there
all the time for decent prices.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today |