Undeliverable: Re: New radusers.pl script

System Administrator ( postmaster@nmt.co.il )
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 06:16:31 +0200

------_=_NextPart_000_01BDDE04.1F0D387C

Your message

To: Will LaSala
Cc: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: New radusers.pl script
Sent: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 06:00:55 +0200

Emerald-list@mail.extent.com on Sat, 12 Sep 1998 06:16:30 +0200
The recipient name is not recognized
MSEXCH:IMS:NMT:nmt:MAIN 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

------_=_NextPart_000_01BDDE04.1F0D387C

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
To: Will LaSala <will@greennet.net>
Cc: emerald@iea-software.com
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 06:00:55 +0200

Will LaSala wrote:

> I've created a perl script that does something similar to the radusers.exe
> program. The main difference is that this script will actually create a
> users
> file that will be ready to go as soon as the server crashes. What I mean
> is that with the file that radusers.exe creates, if you have any special
> access
> filters or any strange rad attributes, you would have to manually go
through
> and add the quotes around them....pain in the but if you have 2000+
> customers in Emerald. This program fixes that and is customizable (if you
> know perl) It also fixes the ISDN problem in which ISDN is actually a
number
> (2) and if it isn't listed as a number the file won't load all the way.

There is an updated version of the radusers that uses three stored
procs.
On a heavily loaded system with 20000 users, the old one took ~3 minutes
to run and create the file. The new one has a lot more smarts and
writes
the file directly to disk (and will erase it if it runs into a problem).
On that same system, it only took 18 seconds to write the 20000 users to
the users file. Much better and doesn't make your SQL Server crawl. :)

It also fixes the quotes problem and correctly handles all of the
attribute
types correctly (the first one didn't differentiate between them). It
is
a compiled C application, runs from a command line and can easily be
cronned
using SQL Executive. I thought it was in the /emerald/beta directory,
but
I'll check and make sure the new one is there.

Of Course, I'll also move yours into /emerald/contrib/misc.

------_=_NextPart_000_01BDDE04.1F0D387C--