RE: BTW: Expiration coming up

Greg Boehnlein ( damin@nacs.net )
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:55:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Peter A. Sang wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> Sorry that we make you feel depressed ;) I think you'd get much more
> response from this list if you include a release/fix note with each
> update (and post this info to the list, too) !

Actually, I had setup Jitterbug for a while to track bug reports / fixes,
but it didn't seem to take off very well.

Dale had some sort of NT based system that allowed bug reports to be
submitted over the Web, but I never was able to bring the webpage up.

> Speaking just for myself, I simply do not have the spare time to test
> all the functionality with each update - especially if I've NO IDEA what
> might have been changed.
> If you lets say include a note like 'fixed number display in function
> 'edit subaccounts' ' or similar, I'll do my best to give you a proper
> response.
>
> Again - please include DETAILLED (release) notes with the updates, and
> I'll bet you get the answers you're asking for.

I'm for that as well. Detailed descriptions of bugs found and squashed
would rock. Anyone ever read Livingston's Release notes for their new
ComOS versions? THAT sort of detail is what is neccessary here. :)

--      President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio           http://www.nacs.net   info@nacs.net   (216)-619-2000         An athletic supporter of the Cleveland Linux User Group                        http://cleveland.lug.net