Re: SNMP Emerald 2.5

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:53:57 -0700

J Dyer wrote:
> We are having some problems with users being stuck online, How do we enable
> SNMP port control,
> I have added the community in Emerald ADMIN, SNMP installed and working on
> the PM3's,

In the Registry, add "SNMP" and set it to 1. Also, you need to configure
the SNMPUser field in the ServerPorts table. I use an SQL Query to do

Update ServerPorts
Set SNMPUser = '.' + convert(varchar(6), Port)

This will ONLY for work PortMasters. Other NASes have their own OID to
check (which I haven't dug into yet).