RE: User Restrictions

Ken Sorenson ( (no email) )
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:36:16 -0500

I believe that any caller specific entry bypasses the generic info settings.
You must enter a complete profile for any specific settings you need.

-----Original Message-----
From: radiusnt-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:radiusnt-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of Tim Ballingall
Sent: Monday, August 24, 1998 9:00 PM
To: 'radiusnt@iea-software.com'
Subject: RE: User Restrictions

You seem to be using it the same as I am, except that when I have some
values entered in RadConfig they are causing the generic info ( All info
) in RadATConfig to be ignored..

For example - If I have the user tim, subaccount ID 1, & all details (
except IP Address ) set in RadATConfigs ( The account type is set ).

When I run debug the only details passed are Framed-Address & Netmask..
<snip>
Framed-Address = 10.7.0.250 (0)
Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255 (0)
Sending Ack of id 143 to 90820705 (telstra-1)
Framed-Address = 10.7.0.250
Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255

Whereas I should be getting ...

Framed-Protocol = PPP (1)
User-Service = Framed-User (2)
Primary-DNS = 10.3.0.4 (2)
Framed-Address = 255.255.255.254 (0)
Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen (3)
Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255 (0)
Idle-Timeout = Idle Time-out (10)
Sending Ack of id 151 to 90820405 (telstra-1)
Framed-Protocol = PPP
User-Service = Framed-User
Primary-DNS = 10.3.0.4
Framed-Address = 255.255.255.254