RE: User Restrictions

Tim Ballingall ( tim@mazda.com.au )
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:00:07 +1000

I tried creating an entry in the RadConfigs table & my connection gets
rejected.. The Ascend disconnect cause is 185. If I create a different
account type in RadATConfigs & fix the IP address in there everything
works ok..

Do I need anything else in my RadConfigs beside AccountID, Attribute ID
( 8 )& a data value that contains my IP address. The value column is
left as 0.

Thanks

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [mailto:daler@iea-software.com]
Sent: Friday, August 21, 1998 4:36 AM
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: User Restrictions

Michael Edholm wrote:

> If you run your Radius server in ODBC mode you are saying that I
should make
> another field in the subaccounts table for the fixed ip adress? If
that is
> the case which fields do I need to add in the table?

No. You would add entries in the RadConfigs table matching the user's
AccountID with the RADIUS attributes you want specifically for that
user (like Framed-Address).

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea-software.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.comThis message has successfully passed virus checking.Mazda Australia takes every precaution to ensure email messages are virus free. For complete protection, you should virus test this message.