Re: TimeBanking no longer works with -9999

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:37:09 -0700

Jamie Easterman wrote:

> I am just upgrading from radius 2.2 to 2.5.124 and am having problems with
> my unlimited access accounts. We are using Access as our datasource. If
> timebanking is enabled and the account has -9999 in the timeleft field then
> Radius is replying with "Your account is out of time"
>
> Changing this field's value from -9999 to a blank value is letting the
> accounts be authenticated once again.
>
> We now have to change each account's value to a blank record to enable this
> to be authenticated. Our management interface ( Custom Cold Fusion pages)
> will have to be changed as well to do this by default. There is no
> documentation about this change. It is fairly fundamental !!!!!
>
> Can anyone comment wether this has affected them as well.

Its actually a fix to a kludge we added when we ran into a problem
with MS Access supporting the NULL value for it. NULL is the correct
value for all databases now. I'll check the docs to see if it was
updated to reflect that.

> Dale can you comment as to whether this was changed by design or accident,
> Why there are no notes on this, and whether we could have both modes
> supported for consistency purposes. I want to upgrade but the databases are
> so different now there is no backwards compatibility between 2.2 and
> 2.5.124. The upgrade must be done in one foul swoop. I was kinda hoping I
> could make 2.5 changes to the 22 database but still use 2.2 until we were
> ready for the switch of executables.

You can use a simple query to update it:

Update Services Set TimeLeft = NULL Where TimeLeft = -9999

Although I thought it did, it doesn't look like 2.5 is respecting the
-9999. I thought it still did, and that is the main reason why there
wasn't a big note about it.