RE: User Restrictions

Tim Ballingall ( )
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:54:36 +1000

Thanks Dale,

I was wondering though if it is possible to assign fixed IP addresses to

Thanks again

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. []
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 1998 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: User Restrictions

Tim Ballingall wrote:
> I was wondering if Radius has any facility to restrict user access to
> particular hosts.
> I have a Cisco 2511 & I can put IP filters that block access from a
> particular address to any other address.
> Would it be feasible to assign a specific IP address to one user &
> apply my IP filters to this address & thus the user as well ?

You should be able to specify the filter for the user and the
Cisco will apply it for that user (regarless of their IP) for
the duration of the call.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.comThis message has successfully passed virus checking.Mazda Australia takes every precaution to ensure email messages are virus free. For complete protection, you should virus test this message.