RE: Authentication Problem with USR/Ns8i

Paul Smith ( (no email) )
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 20:51:06 +0100

Thanks for that. Turned out I wasn't getting assigned an IP address

-----Original Message-----
From: radiusnt-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:radiusnt-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: 16 August 1998 20:02
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: Authentication Problem with USR/Ns8i

Paul Smith wrote:

> I am having a problem trying to authenticate users with Radius NT. As far
> as I can see RADIUS NT is authenticating the user. But if you dial in the
> call eventually gets dropped, windows saying 'it can't negotiate a
> compatible set of network protocols'.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this did authenticate or not, and if it did does
> anyone have any ideas why the Netserver doesn't seem to accept the call.

RadiusNT did authenticate the request. I would check the dial in
setting of DUN, since that is usually what causes that problem.

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea-software.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com