Re: Special (authenticate anyone) user in text mode ?

Mike Stankavich ( (no email) )
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:19:06 -0700

user = DEFAULT, password = ANY should do it.

Mike Stankavich, CTO

NorFab/ISP, Inc.
921 SW Washington St
Portland OR 97205

www - business:
www - personal:

(503) 972-2810 office
(503) 972-2823 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Sinang <>
Date: Thursday, August 13, 1998 5:16 PM
Subject: Special (authenticate anyone) user in text mode ?

I seem to remember someone once mention a special user in text mode which
will allow ANYONE to successfully be authneticated by RadiusNT. But I can't
find his email about it.

Can someone please refresh my memory ? What is the name of this special user
? Is it "any" ? And will my customers need to use "any" as their login name
? Or will their existing login names be accepted ? If their login names will
be accepted, will it be accounted for in both text mode ODBC mode ?

Does this special user work also for RadiusNT 1.16.60 ?

- Danny Sinang